The Buckley diversion dam was constructed in 1911 on White River. A powerhouse was built and the Lake Tapps storage reservoir was formed. An investment group bough the Puget Power's property around the lake and began to develop it in 1954. The Lake Tapps Development Company sold Inlet Island and Maple Point properties in the late fifties and early 1960's. (Photos taken from Original Sales brochure for Lake Tapps area thanks to neighbors Bill and Kathy Eytcheson) Bonney Lake was established in 1946. (See Bonney Lake History Link (http://www.bonneylake.com/history/index.shtml). In the late 1960's the City of Bonney Lake annexed the neighborhoods of Inlet Island and Maple Point.